The Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series, the nation’s longest-running and most popular course on recreational marine angling tactics and techniques, will take place at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on Saturday, January 22, 2011.
This is the 24th year of the seminar tour, which teaches a vast array of cutting-edge and pertinent information on catching more and bigger game fish within Virginia coastal waters. The information is presented by some of the very best saltwater anglers, complete with visuals and demonstrations.
George Poveromo will be headlining the program. Other presenters during the series include:
- Ric Burnley- Writer and Regional Editor for Salt Water Sportsman, specialist on light tackle and lower Chesapeake Bay fishing.
- Captain Jorj Head- Innovative cobia fishing pro, and authority on catching trophy flounder.
- Captain John Oughton- Mid-Atlantic tuna and white marlin expert, aboard his Ocean City, Maryland-based charter boat “That’s Right.”
- Captain Chris Newsome- Distinguished light tackle guide who specializes in catching speckled trout, flounder, red drum, bluefish and striped bass within Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay.
- Captain Blake Hayden- Renowned authority on catching trophy speckled trout, in addition to tarpon, cobia, bull red drum, marlin and tuna; specialist on deep-dropping for tilefish.
- Captain Chandler Hogg- Premier inshore fishing authority who also excels at catching tautog, Spanish mackerel, red drum, cobia, spadefish and sheepshead.
- Dr. Ken Neill III- Noted authority on catching game fish in and around Virginia’s coastal waters. Neill also is a pioneer of deep-dropping for tilefish and an accomplished offshore angler.
- Harry Vernon III- Nationally-recognized authority on offshore live-baiting, bottom-fishing, trolling and drifting for swordfish